|Temple Sinai was founded in 1870 and by 1872, the building
in the two photos above had been constructed. It was
located on Carondlet, just off of Tivoli Circle (now Lee
Circle). It is the oldest Reform congregation in Louisiana
and, also, the largest. The view of Lee Circle below, about
1920, shows Temple Sinai in the background, to the right.
|Temple Sinai in its current location on St. Charles Avenue.
|The link to this page is: http://old-new-orleans.com/NO_Temple_Sinai.html
The photo of Tivoli CIrcle is courtesy of Infrogmation.
Back to Old New Orleans
The Past Whispers - Home